7.19.2006

Adventure


Caleb and I have been busy being tourists today. We drove over to the other side (a.k.a., the nice side) of the island and rented a kayak. Once we (a.k.a., I) finally got the thing past the shore break, we were off! About 300 yards off the coast, there is a small island--well, more like a giant, flat rock with some grass on it. Anyway, we (again, a.k.a., I) paddled all the way out there to explore. It was really awesome to look back toward Oahu and see almost the whole east coast. It was also really neat to look farther out into the beautiful turquoise ocean. We were on the little island for about 10 minutes when Caleb got bored and wanted to go back. Knowing my arm and shoulder muscles needed a longer break, I talked him into exploring more. We finally left and we (a.k.a. I) paddled back to shore. Hey, at least we got off the island for a little while!

On the little island--the two islands in the back have some Hawaiian name that I don't know!

Looking out into the Pacific.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love looking at your pictures. It sure makes me wish I was there! I'm so glad he got to kayak.